Change Management Foundation & Practitioner is a 5-day course designed to teach you everything you need to pass the APMG Change Management Foundation & Practitioner exams.
Change can greatly impact any organisation, and it is important to be prepared to handle it before, during and after it occurs. Change Management Foundation and Practitioner will ensure that employees involved in organisational change are ready for change when it comes, embracing it rather than fearing it.
We recommend you read the first chapter of the Effective Change Manager’s Handbook (this is provided).
Doing this reading will provide the best possible start to the course.
This course is open to everyone and there are no prerequisites.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for anybody interested in managing or learning more about organisational change.
- Five days, with a two-part structure
- In the first three days, you will prepare for and take the Foundation exam, which measures knowledge of Change Management
- The remaining two days will be to prepare for and take the Practitioner exam, which confirms whether you can apply this knowledge to a given scenario
The course covers the following topics:
- Understanding the impact of change
- Supporting and preparing for impending changes
- Developing effective change teams
- Understanding and managing others through changes
- Getting buy-in; dealing with individual and organisational resistance
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders
- Getting more creative with change solutions
Change Management Foundation and Practitioner Exams
- Focuses on knowledge of Change Management
- 50 questions
- 40 minutes
- Pass mark is 50%
- Focuses on applying Change Management knowledge to a case study scenario
- Objective-testing, a type of multiple-choice
- 4 questions with 20 marks each
- 2.5 hours
- Pass mark is 50%
- Open-book – you are allowed to take ‘The Change Manager’s Handbook’ in with you
What is Change Management?
Change Management is all about preparing for and handling organisational change. To develop their Change Management qualification, the APMG have worked with the writers of the Making Sense of Change Management book to deliver a qualification which helps both organisations and their employees come to terms with the issues that may come up during the process of change. APMG is a globally recognised and respected provider of professional certifications such as PRINCE2 and COBIT.
Multinational energy company Centrica were growing quickly. In just a few years, they had tripled in size, and they wanted to continue to expand consistently. To do this, they began to roll out a global management system to standardise processes across the organisation. It was important to get this right. Parts of Centrica were experiencing ‘change fatigue’ and employees were less willing to embrace change if they felt it was being forced upon them. In addition, regulations and policies had to be strictly adhered to, with employees staying up to date with all changes.
To ensure successful adoption of the global management system, effective change management was needed. Centrica’s programme team ensured stakeholder engagement was a priority, keeping senior management in the loop and understanding their priorities. They also listened to their sceptics, considering their viewpoints and involving them directly in the risk planning process.
By implementing effective change management policies, Centrica managed to roll out their organisational changes with minimal resistance. They have continued to expand into other countries quickly and efficiently while adhering to the complex international regulations which govern the energy industry.
What is included?
- Official manual: 'The Effective Change Manager's Handbook'
- Pre-Course Material
- Experienced Instructor